Get Armed, Get Trained, Carry Daily
NY State Pistol Safety Class .
Find a Class in your county
You can check out our upcoming classes right here!
Please click on the class you would like to attend and go to the Facebook Event (You can check out all of our events on our Facebook page!)
You can register directly thru the Facebook Event OR you can TEXT us at 315-529-1527. Please be sure to include the class you would like to attend, the date, the names of the people attending and a good phone number.
PISTOL PERMIT APPLICATIONS for your county can be found below.
- Oswego County The application is available at the County Clerk's Office for a fee. A 4 hour pistol safety course required.
- Jefferson County The application process goes thru the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department. Application can be downloaded. A 4 hour pistol safety course required.
- Cayuga County The application process goes thru the Cayuga County Sheriff's Department. A 4 hour pistol safety course required.
- Oneida County The application process goes thru the Oneida County Office of Pistol Licensing. A 8 hour pistol safety course required.
- Lewis County Lewis county has recently had a change in their requirements for a Pistol Permit which includes range time. Please check out their link for more information. You must pick up your application BEFORE you attend a safety class. A 4 hour pistol safety in class course plus 4 hour range time required.
- Chenango County An approved Basic Safety Course must be completed within one year of the issue date of your permit. Additionally a permit holder may take a Concealed Carry Safety Course to remove the hunting and targeting shooting restriction. Safety courses are to be taken only after an applicant has been approved for their permit and has obtained it from the County Clerk’s Office. A 4 hour pistol safety course required.
- Cortland County The Cortland County Clerk's Office issues and receives all applications and amendments for pistol permits. There is a fee for the application. (all information is at bottom of linked page) A 6 Hour live in class course plus 2 hour range time.
- Genesee County The Genesee County Clerks office issues the pistol permit applications. There is a fee. A 4 hour pistol safety course required. A 4 hour pistol safety course required.
- Erie County The application process goes thru the Erie County Clerks office. A 4 hour pistol safety course required.
- Herkimer County Application process goes thru the county clerk's office. A 4 hour pistol safety course required.
*** OPT OUT FORM*** ALL Counties give you the option to Opt Out - NYS License request for Public Records Exemption here is the link to the FORM. It can be brought in or mailed to your County Clerk in most instances. Please ask in your specific county.